Top Properties Loves Our Tenants!
We are here to help
Tips for filling out your online application:
- Fill out your application as completely as possible, the less information we have to come back to have you resubmit, the faster the application process can move.
- There are several links at the end of your application to upload verification documents the more you can provide the faster the process can go especially if you are self-employed or have non-traditional forms of income.
- Photo ID – Best forms are a Driver’s license or Passport, remember to include an ID for every applicant.
- Paystubs – A formal current statement of your income from your employer
- Any proof of additional income (very helpful for self-employed or non-traditional incomes). Documents in order of most helpful to least helpful:
- Two years of tax documentation
- Current Bank Statement – (not required but helpful)
- Any document showing proof of income that can be verified.
What to expect once you have submitted your application:
- The property manager will contact you within 2 business days. Please remember our property managers work M-F 9am – 5pm
- The application process typically takes 2-3 days. We appreciate your patience.
- The property manager for the home may reach out to ask specific questions, the faster you can respond to their questions the quicker the overall process can go.
What happens if application is approved?
When your application is approved your property manager will start the process of formally leasing the property which will include:
- Sending you a lease to your email via DocuSign (electronic signature software)
- Collection the security deposit. Security deposit is required at lease signing and your lease will not be valid until the deposit is received. The deposit may be delivered by:
- Online Portal (most common): The first time you login to the portal, you will need to do so from a desktop computer. For your security cell phones and tablets are unavailable for this first access to your portal When your portal has been enabled you will receive an email from Propertyware (our management software). This link will only be valid for 24 hours for your security. If you need a new link resent, please contact your property manager directly. Once you have accessed the site you will need to connect your bank account to the portal requiring you account and routing number. Our tenants love the online portal, you can set up automatic payments, send maintenance requests and view all aspects of your account at any time. You may also pay via credit card (there is a $59 transaction charge for this payment method)
- Delivering to the office Monday - Friday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- 6000 E Evans Ave, Suite 3-320, Denver, CO 80222
- If your move in date is in less than 4 business days, we will require that the security deposit be delivered in certified funds (cahiers check)
What Happens if my rental application is denied?
- Your application may be applied to any of our other Top Properties rental properties.
- Unfortunately, your application fees are not refundable. Once we process the application the fees that we have incurred are equal to the application fee itself.
- Physical Move In. Your property manager will coordinate your move directly with you. Your new home will be professionally cleaned, and carpet cleaned to be ready for your arrival. Prior to your move in a HD video will be taken as a record of the current condition of the home prior to move in for everyone’s record.
- Utility Transfer. As of move in day your utilities will be placed in the name of the primary (first position) tenant on the lease. You may receive a letter in the mail to confirm your service. In areas with different processes for utility transfers, your property manager will give you special instructions. All utilities will be required to be in the tenants name prior to move in.
- Your first month is prorated if you move in part way through the month or if your moving in on the first, the first month’s rent will be the standard amount. Your first month’s rent will be required at move in. If you will be paying through the portal (most common) please pay rent, no less than 4 days prior to the move in day to allow for time to process.
- Move in condition report. This is Included in your move in packet. This form is a record for your protection. We require the form be turned back in within 14 days after move in. This form is not a maintenance request form, its sole purpose is to document the condition of the property at move in.
- Congratulations your done! Moving is no fun, we get it. Take your time, get settled in and enjoy your new home.
How To Pay Rent – We make it easy
- Rent is due on the first and considered late if not received by the end of the day on the 5th.
- 98% of our tenants pay via the online portal. This is easy for everyone and provides a smooth transaction. You may pay through your bank account or credit card. Convenience fee for bank account ACH is $2 or $59 per credit card transaction regardless of the payment amount.
- Rent can be mailed to our office at: 6000 E Evans Ave, Suite 3-320, Denver, CO 80222. Payments will be considered late if not received by the 5th, please keep that in mind when mailing your payments.
- You may also drop off your payments directly to the office Monday through Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
- If you are paying by money order, please follow the following criteria:
- Make payment out to Top Properties
- Please fill out your property address on the memo line
- Make sure to sign the money order
- KEEP YOUR RECIEPT - VERY IMPORTANT – if for any reason the money order is not approved, damaged or destroyed, this receipt is the only way to have the funds refunded from the bank. Please keep your receipt!